Go Back   West Palm Beach Forums > Let's Get Started! > Questions, Reviews, Things to Do & West Palm Beach Chat

Old October 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Haunted Houses in and around West Palm Beach

Would love to hear about anyone's experiences with haunted houses, mansions, stores, theatres, etc. in and around West Palm Beach! I know there are plenty out there with West Palm Beach's long history. And definitely some scary stories on those Palm Beach mansions.
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
WestPalmBeach.com Expert

Hi

There use to be a huge thread in one of the topics ( maybe history ) that was very active, I wonder if that could be brought back somehow, there was alot of interesting stuff there.
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
WestPalmBeach.com Forum Admin

Default West Palm Beach Haunted Houses

Resident...you're right...there was a great thread on haunted houses here on the WestPalmBeach.com Forum...and I regret to tell you that it was inadvertently **deleted**. I am happy to see that a new thread has started, let's hope many will chime in like the last one and get it moving along. It sure was a lot of fun reading all those great stories!
Old November 10th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Bilbo

There are a few that i know of but I would love to here of others.
The Flagler museum is supposed to be. People report seeing Mr. Flagler walking the halls and there are reports of Mrs. Mary Flagler being seen in the hallways and the ladies bathroom.
The Lake Worth Playhouse is a pretty well known location for paranormal activity as well. Reports range from orbs of light and mist figures in the upper seats to shadows and cold spots. This past Halloween eve the playhouse did a ghost investigation with a well respected paranormal investigation team.

Theres a house in my neighborhood too that all my friends growing up said was haunted. it was abandoned for the longest time but every now and then I would hear noises and sometimes actually see lights...Who knows
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM

Default Haunted Houses West Palm Beach

Thanks Bilbo for getting this thread moving along! Not surprising about Flagler Museum - went to Flager College in St. Augustine (builty by Henry Flagler in 1888) and there were always ghost stories. Good stuff. I know there also must be stories about The Breakers since Henry Flagler built that too. Heard a lot about Lake Worth Playhouse and it being spooked. Interesting what you said about them doing a ghost investigation with a well respected paranormal investigation team. Would definitely like to hear how that went!
Old November 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
WestPalmBeach.com Expert

Default Riddle House

One of the famous ones (at least since I saw it on TV ) is Riddle House in Yesteryear Village at the Fairgrounds. Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures did a whole show last year revolving around it, which was recently repeated. There's a lot of history involved if you research it (or Google it).
Old November 11th, 2009, 07:47 AM

The Riddle House does tours - would love to hear from someone who has been on one!
Old November 11th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Bilbo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
One of the famous ones (at least since I saw it on TV ) is Riddle House in Yesteryear Village at the Fairgrounds. Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures did a whole show last year revolving around it, which was recently repeated. There's a lot of history involved if you research it (or Google it).
Thats really neat. Iv never heard that before and i go there all the time!
Im going to have to check that out and see if I can see some ghosts
Old November 12th, 2009, 03:47 AM

Bilbo - if you want to tour the Riddle House, you have to have a reservation - Call 561-790-5232. Tours are offered M-F starting at 10am and I believe there's a $5 admission. Let us know if you get spooked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Thats really neat. Iv never heard that before and i go there all the time!
Im going to have to check that out and see if I can see some ghosts
Old July 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Witch Wall

There is witch wall on the north side of Palm Beach island, you have to go all the way down, go around the bend (you'll know what I mean when you get there) turn right on List road and make a left, then follow that bend until you see the huge walls around you.
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:58 AM

Thumbs up Haunted Houses / Areas in or around West Palm Beach

Cool! I have not heard of that one - thanks for adding it. We know there are A LOT of haunted house / area stores in and around West Palm Beach - come on everyone, we want to hear your spooky tale!
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Talking Love This Stuff

They should be starting a Palm Beach Ghost tour sometime in late September early October. Branched from operator of ghostsofny.com. Can't wait!
Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They should be starting a Palm Beach Ghost tour sometime in late September early October. Branched from operator of ghostsofny.com. Can't wait!
That's GREAT! Any press release out yet? Would love to hear more about it.

And...SHOUT OUT to all for West Palm Beach haunted house stories!!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
The Riddle House does tours - would love to hear from someone who has been on one!
It was my first time in that house this year it looked creepy but as I wallked up the stairs I felt weird and light headed. I cant wait to go again next year haha
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Spooked!!!

Unhappy Flagler Mansion! It is haunted!

So it happens that in our vacation, my husband (who had been there before) decided to go to the Flagler museum on on vacation.
We got there around 1:30pm waiting for the 2:00pm tour. They advised us to go to the second floor and look around, and we did so. We spent about 15 min in the history room, then headed to the other side of the hallway where the bedrooms are. We saw the green room and the one next to it and then moved on to the first room in the hallway. We entered the first room, saw the huge closet and remember saying "Wow, the closet of my dreams" and laughed. I went in before my husband, as soon as I crossed the line between the closet hallway and into the room I remember feeling this HORRIBLY HEAVY energy and felt paralyzed. I remember telling my husband "wow this room has a really heavy energy" He says as I was in mid sentence, he walked in the room and felt it right away. It took me about five seconds to react and as I turned my head to the right, I saw the side door connecting all the rooms in the hallway. That was when I felt it the worst, I felt a horrible heaviness in my body and got extremely light headed as I was going to pass out. Immediately I felt like I had to leave the place right away, like something was actually pushing me out; as soon as we went out of the room we were extremely spooked and actually had to leave the building for a while. We took the tour and everything after that but we were sooo freaked out! And I have felt ghosts before, but not in this way. I must say that the white room with the piano was very peaceful. I have to say that I never felt anything like that ever in my life, Did not see or heard anything but it was scary beyond point, almost evil. I would probably think I was crazy if it wasn't because my husband felt it too, I am definitely not going back there. It is a beautiful place but it also made us believers of something i wish I had never experience.
Old March 1st, 2013, 08:01 AM

Default Haunted Houses West Palm Beach, Palm Beach...

I just revisited this forum thread on haunted house stories in West Palm Beach..Palm Beach...Palm Beach County and love all the spooky stories. We'd still love to hear a lot more of your ghost stories from the area. We know there are plenty!
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Default haunted house

there is a haunted house at 1128 summerwood circle in wellington halloween night starting at dusk.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Life Long Resident

Default The Old Marine Bar Haunted!

Even though it is no longer a bar; now an art studio with apts. and business
suites, it still must be haunted. Years ago a friend of mine lived in one of the apartments
above the bar.

On three occasions, in the early morning hours he ran into the spirit of a woman
in her thirties while using the community bathroom. He said the first time he saw her
he thought she was just one of neighbors or an over night visitor. The next two times
he saw her she was less solid, more transparent.

He said it creeped the hell out of him and was glad to finally move out of there.

In my research as a writer I discovered that there used to be a waitress that
lived there by the name of Lucy Hartwell. She worked at the bar down below, and
committed suicide there in her room one night back in 1952.

I now see that they have opened a coofee shop next to the art studio.

Maybe Lucy can now go back to work!
Old February 27th, 2014, 11:33 AM

Default The Old Marine Bar Haunted!

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story Life Long Resident - super scary!
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Default Agree with "Spooked"

My husband and I just returned from a visit to West Palm Beach and toured the Flagler Museum while we were there. We had heard it was a beautiful piece of history from West Palm Beach not to be missed, so we walked over (we were staying at the Breakers Hotel) and took a self guided tour on Wednesday, May 21st 2014. We toured the entire first floor using the self guided audio phone, then started the rest of the tour which was upstairs. As I walked up the stair case to the second floor, I felt myself getting so weak and light headed that I thought I might pass out when I reached the top. This is very unusual for me as I am a runner and in good physical condition. I made myself walk over to the history room and tried to collect myself. As my husband and I toured the bedrooms along the front of the house, I told him I was not feeling well at all and that it happened when I climbed the stairs to the second floor. He said the exact same thing happened to him (he is a runner as well and in good physical condition). It was then I figured someone was not pleased about our being there, as it was a really heavy weak feeling and not at all pleasant. We decided to finish upstairs rather quickly and head back outside to see if we felt better. A short walk later to a nearby bistro we tried to eat a little lunch to settle our queasiness. That really did not help so we went back to the Breakers, got into our bathing suits, got a drink at the outside bar and went to the beach. By dinner time it was going away, but whatever the presence in the Flagler House was to make us feel so disgusting likely was not very happy to have us tour the home! I definitely would not go back, as it is not worth feeling sick for half a day!
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:44 AM

Default Flagler Museum in Palm Beach - Haunted?!!

Wow! That is spooky! Thanks for sharing!
Old July 29th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Gatorroger

Default Just moved here

I am glad there is a site that I can go to and find out about haunted places. I tried some in Sebring Fl. till I moved here to Delray Beach 3 months ago. everyone I tried in Highlands County was a bust. I could not get into Harder Hall, but I know of some reports people have had there. Maybe here I will find something here. I will let you know.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Default haunted Evernia Hotel

There's a real old Hotel on Evernia street in West Palm Beach, I seen a Older man greenish color light of him, ]and the lights will dim at different times of day and night.
Old December 20th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Default witches wall ,has a dungeon on top of it, or used to

The witches wall had a house on top of it that was octagon shaped. We used to go there as teenagers. It had a dungeon in the house. Story has it that a witch lived there and kidnapped kids and put them in cages and drowned them in the octagon shaped pool. That was many years ago, not even sure it's still there. I think it was arabian dr.
Old May 14th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I live in Montecito Gables in Palm Beach Gardens. There are ghost of all shapes and sizes here. Ancient ones and others. This beautiful place is so haunted that its unreal. Ghost with 2 and 3 heads and they love taking pictures. This is wild and I've never seen ghost before. Cam someone out there help?
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default I can help.

I belong to a Paranormal group in Palm Beach. We are called Sunshine Paranormal. Contact us, we can help. My email address is scentman2004@yahoo.com
Old March 18th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Cool! I have not heard of that one - thanks for adding it. We know there are A LOT of haunted house / area stores in and around West Palm Beach - come on everyone, we want to hear your spooky tale!
I have been there, many different stories though surrounding the haunting. I will say my car started trying to stall and my doors autmaticaly locked along with my windows.... definitely creepy!
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Skatieo

I used to work as a home health care nurse and went to visit a patient at CityWalk in downtown WPB. While i was waiting to talk to nurse i had a very distinct feeling of a tall youngish man standing behind me (no one there of course). The floor was for dementia patients but i felt he was more mentally challenged. I felt that he wasn't a threat, but curious. I still put up my white bubble around myself. When i called my report to my office, my co-worker who used to work there said "i wondered who was going to go there - the place is haunted". I have not been able to confirm this experience. I consider myself a "flashlight" in psychic terms (the real deal being like a lighthouse) but have all my life been sensitive to people and places . Any more info regarding CityWalk would be interesting to me.
Old April 16th, 2017, 11:03 AM
SUsiequem

Default Flagler Mansion

I visited the mansion summer of 2015 with my older sister and my husband unaware of experiences already reported. As I nonchalantly moved through the ballroom I chatted away with who I thought was my sister following along on my right. My sister was dressed all in white and so was the entity accompanying me for several seconds. All of a sudden I saw something in the room I wanted to bring to my sisters attention when I noticed she was walking about 20 ft ahead of me with my husband. I immediately realized Mary had attached herself to me for as I went to speak I couldn't form any words but constantly experiencing heaves as I tried to form words. I had to quickly get myself to another room thinking she left me alone. I felt led next to the gardens right outside her bedroom and sat down on a cement bench which I thought was my own choosing. APpRently it was Mary's choice as her desperate sadness came over me and I began to sob. SHe wanted people to know that the garden was not a place of joy but where she would go and sit to ease herself of the deep sadness over the loss of her husband while so young and more importantly that he left her childless. I needed assistance in getting up from her sitting spot and my sister and husband helped me out of this very overwhelming sadness.

Tags
None