West Palm Beach

15 Reasons To Relocate To Palm Beach County!

West Palm Beach Relocation Guide
West Palm Beach Relocation Guide
West Palm Beach Relocation Guide

One of America's Fastest Growing Areas with 2,000 new residents a month!
47 Miles of picture postcard Beaches lined with Cocoanut Trees & Sea Oats!
World Class Fishing & SCUBA (Boynton Beach is closest to Atlantic's Gulf Stream)!
Average Year Round Temperature: 74.8 Degrees!
Average Year Round Water Temperature: 80 Degrees (Santa Monica, CA: 62!)
Palm Beach County Employment Opportunities!
World's Best Shops: Clematis Street , CityPlace and more!
Over 40 Museums, Theaters, Art Galleries & Major Attractions!
Over 50 Festivals including SunFest - Florida's largest Jazz, Arts & Water Event!
Over 145 Golf Courses - More Than Any County in America - and 1,100 Tennis Courts!
The stunning, new Palm Beach County Convention Center!
Over 2,000 Restaurants!
Animal Lover's Paradise: Kennels & Groomers & Florida's oldest Pet Rescue Center!
Only 50 miles from Miami, 80 miles from the Bahamas and 160 miles from Orlando!
Some of the World's Finest and Most Valuable Real Estate!




To declare a Declaration of Domicile or obtain a Marriage License (for a Marriage License both individuals must present photo identification such as driver's license or passport):

Area Street Address Phone Number
North County Courthouse 3188 PGA Boulevard, Palm Beach Gardens
Central County Courthouse 205 N. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach
South County Courthouse 200 West Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach 561-355-2996


A Florida driver's license must be obtained within 30 days of starting a job, declaring residency or enrolling a child in school. Applicants must surrender their out-of-state license and show one other form of identification, such as birth certificate. You will be required to pass a visual test, written test, driving test and a 4-hour drug and alcohol course in order to get your license, if you do not have a valid license from another state. With a valid out-of-state license, only a vision test and social security card are required.


Proof of insurance, title or registration, and vehicle identification number are required. License plates must be secured within 30 days of establishing permanent residency in Florida. An emission inspection is also required. Registrations for short-term leased vehicles expire in six months. Registration expiration for long-term leased vehicles are assigned an expiration month based on the first letter of the leasing company or the registrant's date of birth. All Florida drivers must have at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) auto insurance and at least $10,000 property damage liability (PDL) insurance.
Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles: 1-850-922-9000


The Tax Collector has a contract with the Board of County Commissioners to issue occupational licenses for the privilege of operating a business anywhere in the county, including municipalities. Anyone providing merchandise or services to the public, even through a one-person company or home-based occupation, must obtain a license. Some businesses also are subject to county zoning codes and state regulations. Occupational licenses expire September 30 and can be renewed on or after August 1. On October 1, they are delinquent and subject to penalties each month thereafter. New licenses are issued at any time during the year and are prorated April 1, at which time half-year fees apply. Any change made in a license status, such as an address, ownership, or name change, must be reported to the Tax Collector's Office. Public access to information about new businesses is required by law. Daily listings may be obtained in hard copy, on diskettes or by modem for Palm Beach County. Information on fees for those services are available by calling 561-355-2272 and pressing 4. A license must be obtained from West Palm Beach first if a business is located in that city. Call 561-659-8096 and press 3 for information.


Dogs and cats must be licensed and vaccinated against rabies within 30 days of moving to Palm Beach County. Licenses are available from most veterinarians and the Animal Care & Control Division, 7100 Belvedere Road, in West Palm Beach. The fees for license tags are $33 for sterilized pets and $12 for a spayed/neutered pet. Senior citizens receive a 25 percent discount. All dogs and non-sterilized cats must be confined to the owners property or leashed. For more information call 233-1200. Boca/Delray residents call 276-1344 and Glades residents may call 924-5656. Or visit us on our website at http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us or e-mail at pbcacc@co.palm-beach.fl.us.


To register to vote, a person must be a U.S. citizen, 18 years old on or before election day, and a legal resident of Palm Beach County. A person may pre-register during his/her 17th year. If the applicant has been convicted of a Felony, his/her civil rights must be restored. Proof of residency is not required to register to vote. Your registration is permanent as long as you remain a legal resident of Palm Beach County and do not lose your right to vote due to the commission of a Felony or adjudication of mental incompetency. The Registration Books close 29 days prior to each election. The Voter Registration Application must be either received at a designated Voter Registration Agency by the Book closing date or postmarked by the Book closing date. However, if you are registered to vote in Palm Beach County and have moved, you may change your legal residence address within Palm Beach County at any time up to and including election day. You must vote in the precinct in which you live. A Florida Voter Registration Application is available by mail by calling the Supervisor of Elections Office at 561-656-6200. Voter Registration Applications are also available at most city halls, banks, savings and loans, public assistance agencies, county and municipal libraries, driver's license offices, and at all Supervisor of Elections Offices.

Click Here to Find Your Precinct!

240 S. Military Trail, West Palm Beach
561-656-6200 FAX: 561-656-6287



Contact the Palm Beach County School Board Public Information Office, 561-434-8000, to determine school placement. Students enrolling in Palm Beach County Schools for the first time will need: two documents showing proof of residence, a certificate of immunization (HRS form 680); proof of a medical exam during the last 12 months; a copy of a transferring students report card; the student's Social Security number. Kindergarten and first grade students must verify age by showing a birth certificate.

The School District of Palm Beach County (Grades K - 12)

Armory Art Center
1700 Parker Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
561.832.1776 / 561.832.0191 Fax
Housed in beautiful South Florida / Art Deco Style (1939) buildings, the Armory Art Center offers 65 different studio art classes andhosts 20 curated exhibitions annually.

Palm Beach County Colleges and Universities

Barry University
7840 West Glades Road, Ste 240
Boca Raton, FL

Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road (main campus)
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Palm Beach Atlantic College
901 South Flagler Drive
PO Box 32708
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Lynn University
3601 North Military Trail
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Palm Beach Community College
4200 South Congress Avenue
Lake Worth, FL

Northwood University
2600 North Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33409

BellSouth serves the Palm Beach County area. Newcomer's will need a landlord's name and number, a work number, a personal reference and phone number, and a Social Security number. If a customer has had BellSouth service in another area, no deposit is needed. If a customer has never had service with BellSouth, a credit check will be run to determine whether a deposit will be charged. Call 561-780-2355 for residential, or 561-780-2800 for businesses.
Florida Power & Light Co. serves most of Palm Beach County. You will need a Social Security number and the date you want service to begin. FPL asks for at least 24 hours' advance notice. If you are moving into a newly constructed home, you will need a certificate of occupancy before FPL can turn on the electricity. Deposit amounts vary based on the results of a credit check. FPL requires a deposit equal to about two months' average billing. A onetime $16 service charge will be billed. Deposits must be paid when connecting an account. Call FPL at 561-697-8000. Lake Worth residents receive electrical services through the city utilities department. Call 561-533-7300.
The government agency that will handle your water service varies across Palm Beach County. Call local municipalities for more information. Newcomer's to unincorporated Palm Beach County can set up an account over the phone. You must call three days in advance. If you have never had service with the county before, a $60 deposit will be assessed to the first monthly bill. For information, call Brenda Duffey in the utilities department at 561-641-3429. Customer Service: 561-740- 4600. In the south county area (Boca Raton/Delray Beach), call 561-482-0800.
Florida Public Utilities Co. provides natural gas service. A deposit, normally about two months' fee, is required. The minimum deposit is $40 for a residence and $100 for a pool heater. To establish service, you will need to present a photo identification, Social Security number, residence phone number, business phone number and mailing address, if different from service address. Call 561-832-2461.
Each municipality provides regular residential and commercial garbage pickup. The unincorporated area of Palm Beach County is divided into seven districts, with garbage collection service provided by various companies. Residential fees are assessed on an annual basis. Call the Solid Waste Authority billing and collection department at 561-697-2700.
Palm Beach County's Public Affairs Department can tell you which of the two cable companies servicing Palm Beach County. Call Palm Beach County with your address at 561-355-6680. The two companies are Adelphia Cable at 561-848-1600 or Comcast Cable at 561-478-8300. Under a proposed deal, Adelphia will take over Comcast's accounts in the county.